Monday, March 5, 2012

Goat cheese and strawberry spread


So it's Monday and our fridge is bare. I am patiently waiting for my peapod order to arrive. 
I have to be honest, I secretly love when my fridge and cupboards are deplete of anything nutritious, I find I do my best creative cooking in these moments. 
For lunch  today I used the last strip of bacon, a little bit of pepper jack cheese and slices of apple and combined with bread for a decadent grilled cheese sandwich;)

As I stared in my fridge I noticed the half eaten package of goat cheese and a few strawberries that were starting to shrivel, (they were just staring at me with such sadness begging to be put out of their misery) and a full brick of cream cheese and my mind starting turning. Here is the recipe I just whipped together and I have to say it was yummy! 



1/2 a loaf of goat cheese
1/2 brick of cream cheese
4 or 5 strawberries-chopped small

Mix 2 cheeses together till smooth and add the strawberries and stir till mixed well.
Place a slice of apple over a cracker and dollop a small amount of the mixture on top.
Drizzle lightly with honey(I didn't have any honey but I can imagine it would be tasty)

No comments:

Post a Comment