Tuesday, June 12, 2012

sugar and spice

What are little girls made of?
"Sugar and spice and all things nice
That's what little girls are made of!"


Today is the last day of 3rd grade for The Peddler's little girl. It's amazing how time goes by so quickly and how all of a sudden we are leaving another school year, getting ready to embark on one more epic summer adventure.  

The little peddler is full of all the sweetness of life and the innocence of youth, but at the same time her sassy humor and questioning mind flavors our life day after day.  I am so honored to be in her little world and have the privilege of watching her heart unfold into a beautiful woman. 

I was terrified 3 years ago when I first met her, afraid she would not like me, nervous I would not have what it takes, plagued by the stories of Disney and the portrayal of the evil step mom. But all of those emotions and fears were only smoke screens of reality. From day one the little peddler and I fell in love. Don't get me wrong we have had our challenges and I know there are many ahead, but it has been an amazing transition for both of us. I love truly love her with every bit of my heart and can't imagine my life without her in it!   

No comments:

Post a Comment