Tuesday, February 7, 2012

..apple of my eye...

I just wanted to share a moment from this past weekend. First let me say I love the relationship between The Peddler and his daughter and watching them interact always brings a bit of healing to my own personal little girl heart.

Sunday as he was driving her to her mom's house he asked her-"Do you know what it means when I say you are the apple of my eye?" Of course the little 9 year old responded-"Nope!"

The peddler asked her to tell him why she likes apples so much.  She responded-"They are yummy, they taste so good, they are really sweet, they are red and shiny, they are my favorite, they make me HAPPY!"

The Peddler went on to tell her that when he say's, "You are the apple of my eye," that what he means is..."She is his favorite, she makes him happy, she is so sweet and shiny." Of course the 9 year old just looked at him and smiled.



Psalm 17:7-9

 Show me the wonders of your great love, 
   you who save by your right hand 
   those who take refuge in you from their foes. 
Keep me as the apple of your eye; 
   hide me in the shadow of your wings 

1 comment: