Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I think Valentine's day has readily become my favorite holiday. It has a bit  to do with the romance aspect, but if I am honest, most of it is because I get to embrace my girlishness and have an excuse to take photos of hearts, write sappy cards, buy flowers for the Peddlers daughter and eat lots of candy, all for the sake of love.

 Even in my single days, I secretly loved it, I was not one of those girls who was annoyed when the day came around (I just acted indifferent) but deep inside I would get excited for this day. I love all the colors-red, pink, purple, seeing all the people bustle about to buy flowers, watching my friend's kids come home from school with a homemade container full of Valentine's. To me it doesn't matter if you are single or in a relationship this day should be celebrated by everyone, a day to tell your parents they mean the world to you or take a friend coffee.

 I am also fond of this day because the Peddler and I had our first date in Las Vegas on this day of love...(yeah talk about an awkward first date) Have you ever been to Vegas on Valentine's day? It is a lot of pressure for 2 people who are in the new born stages of their relationship. But even as cheesy as it is I love that we can look at this day and smile knowing that it marks the moment of something amazing!


I made this Valentine on Picnik. So sad it is closing down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment