Wednesday, December 7, 2011

life changing book

I was talking with a friend last night about a book I read a few months ago and out of my mouth I said "it changed my life!" I think those are some pretty hefty words to say about a book. But if I am honest I would have to say this book has been incredibly instrumental in dealing with a few areas in my heart that I have swept under the carpet for the past 7 or 8 years. A sweet freind of mine, Robin Pasley is the author and her transparency is apparent in the pages. She has a wonderful ability to communicate parts of her journey in a way that makes it seem she is writing my own thoughts, fears and frustrations.There are parts of this book that have space to write after prayer and seeking out the Father's heart in certain circumstances, to help the process and restoration take place. 
I have never fully had a freedom in my heart to understand what it means to be a daughter to the King of Kings, the One who loves me and holds me close to His own heart. I have struggled most of my life with feeling as if I had to strive and work really hard to "earn my keep" in His Kingdom and not simply enjoy the life and freedom I have been given.  Romans 8:15 says it like this..."For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”


If you were to buy  yourself a Christmas present this year I would say let it be this book. Let the Father unfold the wonders of what it means to be a son or daughter and the freedom, love, joy and purpose it lays before us.


Can be purchased at Amazon or Worship Circle Records

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Abbie! This will definitely be next on my list. I've been a book worm lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I really like the layout in your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa:) Yeah a great book!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete